Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Very Successful CVS Week

Well, I knew it was going to pay off sooner or later, and finally a week came when there were some very good deals on things I would be buying whether CVS had them on sale or not. I don't have all the exact numbers due to accidentally throwing out my receipt, but here's the skinny based on what I remember:




* 1 pack of Huggies diapers: on sale for $9.99, plus coupon for $1.50 off


* 4 packs of Huggies wipes: on sale for $2.79 (I think) plus a $0.50 off coupon for each


* 2 boxes of Q-tips: on sale for $2-something





By purchasing $25.00 worth of the above products (I think the total for them was about $26.00) I received $10.00 back in ECBs. Yes, I'm aware that buying individual boxes of wipes is not very green, but the interest of a good deal won over here. I also purchased:

* 2 cans of Progresso soup: $1.99 but they were B1G1 so about $1.00 each. I eat this kind of soup constantly for lunch, and in hindsight it would have been smart of me to get a few more.


* 3 bags of Brach's candy corn: I forget how much they were but I received an equal amount back in ECB's so they ended up being free


* 3 cans of Red Bull for $5.00: This saved me roughly a dollar, but since we're having a party this weekend and its foreseeable I'll need a pick-me-up to dump my vodka into, this was a likely purchase no matter what


* 4 boxes of Kleenex: on sale for $0.89 a piece, had a coupon for $1.00 off 4.

So, my grand total after coupons (I also had $5.00 in ECBs to cash in) was about $33.00. And then I received $12.00 in ECB's back, making my expenditure for the week $21. Normally the diapers and wipes alone would have been more than that, so I was pretty happy with this...

1 comment:

Carter's Mommy said...

I don't know if you have Krogers near you, but I do have a money saving tip for that store if you ever shop there. You can add e-coupons to your Kroger card and they'll automatically be applied to your bill if you purchase that item and then you can still use a printed coupon for that same item if you have it. Plus, they typically double coupons up to 55 cents.