Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This Week's CVS Adventure...


I'm still feeling as though I don't have the hang of this CVS thing...I am "saving" and getting good deals, but I'm not exactly spending in the single-digit dollar amounts. Nonetheless, here is my tally and what I saved:
  • (3) Clorox products--on sale for 2/$5 and I had a coupon for buy 2/get $1 off. So (3) Clorox products (which I use in every room of the house) for $6.50.
  • (2) Huggies Wipes refills 184 ct--on sale for $5.99 and I had (2) $.50 off coupons. So the equivalent of 6 things of wipes for $11.
  • (2) Dry Idea deodorant--on sale for $2.99, plus $2.00 in ECB earned per deodorant. So $.99 a piece and I got $4.00 back. Not bad.
  • (1) bag of Chex Mix--on sale for $1 and I had a $1 off coupon...FREE!!
  • (1) Revlon Nail polish--on sale for $3.99 and $3.00 in ECB earned. So, nail polish for $.99.
  • (1) Malt-o-Meal Cereal--on sale for $1 and I had a $1 off coupon...FREE!!
  • (1) Infants Motrin--had a coupon for $1 off, so total was $5.79.

I also purchased a bottle of water, a container of sidewalk chalk, and package of hair barrettes, none of which were on sale.

So, the tally...

Total spent: $51.63

Total saved: $19.56

Total ECB earned: $7.00

I still feel like I'm not doing this right. Granted, we've been spending "slightly" less at the grocery store. I'm not sure how I could do better, except maybe I could have...

1. Bought more of the deodorant since its the kind I use, and I was basically getting it for $.99. And then I'd have a ton of ECBs for next time.

2. Bought more Malt-o-Meal and Chex mix. I used Internet coupons for those, and I'm not sure if I could have printed out more than 1 of each. And to be honest--I generally don't eat sugary cereals.

Any other ideas??????????????

1 comment:

BargainFun said...

Hi, I just have a tip for you . I've been making my own clorox anywhere spray and saving a bundle ! I found a recipe for it
1 1/4 teaspoon clorox bleach and 20 oz water ! So easy and cheap !