Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This Week's CVS...

OK, so this week I think I actually got the most bang for my buck, but--since I used all my ECB's--won't that put me right back where I started next week?? My friend Julie is also trying out this CVSing, and is running into the same problem. Nonetheless, here's my tally (sorry no picture this week, I totally forgot before I put everything away. Um, you'll just have to use your imagination.

This week I made two separate purchases. I didn't intend to, but apparently you cannot purchase cold and sinus medication unless you go to the pharmacy and show ID. Although, I think the chances that you're running a meth lab are greater if you're over 18, but whatever. It worked to my advantage as I got $3 in ECB's back for my main purchase. I understand now why people make multiple purchases in 1 trip...though I'm not sure I'd do that. I already feel like the annoying coupon lady. Anyhow onto the tally...

Transaction #1

  • Aleve Cold and Sinus 10-pack: Regularly $6.29/On sale for $3.99 with card/Received $3.00 ECB=Total spent .99.

Transaction #2
  • (2) Boxes of cheerios: On sale for 2/$5.00, plus coupon for $1 off 2=$2.00 apiece
  • (1) Box Malt o Meal cereal: Regularly $1, on sale for .49 with card
  • (1) CVS brand Ziploc bags, quart size: on sale for .49 with card
  • 16 pack of batteries: Regularly $15 and change/on sale for $7.99/coupon for $2.oo off=$5.99
  • I also got (no deals on these): a package of Crayola kids paint, a roll of wrapping paper, and a sheet of stickers for part of a birthday gift.

Then, used $10.00 in ECBs and the coupons mentioned above, for a total expenditure of $12.03. Not too bad, considering the batteries alone normally cost more than that. And, my "total saved" on the bottom of the receipt says $25.40. I received 2 coupons at the register--one for $1 off Colgate, and one for $5 off a $30 purchase--but, I need to use it by next Monday. So, we shall see...

No comments: