Friday, August 8, 2008

Water Water Water!


As mentioned, I initially shared my idea of the weekly goals with my friends on my tightly knit mommy board. The mommy board consists of fifteen awesome, fabulous women that I connected with during my pregnancy. We all had babies in June and July of 2007, and have forged an incredible bond posting on our private forum. As expected, my girls jumped all over this idea. I initially thought that I would post a weekly goal and we'd all do the same one, but in reality this just didn't work. Basically, each girl kind of picked their own goal and we posted about them, encouraging one another and using the board as kind of a motivator.

Having individual goals has a huge upside of sparking new ideas for each of us. My third weekly goal was stolen from Julie, who made a goal for herself to drink more water. So, I decided that I would attempt to drink 3 liters of water a day.

Where did I get that number from? To be honest, last weekend my husband bought a liter bottle of water. So I had the empty bottle, it was big, and filling it three times a day seemed a decent amount. (I am in no way trying to pimp Poland Spring water, by the way, that just happened to be the brand G2 bought.)

How did I go? Well, 3 liters of water a day is a lot of freaking water. On Monday, I achieved my goal and felt that small animals could probably go swimming inside of me, as full of water as I was. It took an entire full pitcher of Britta water to fill my bottle. Becca, another mommy board girl, pointed out to me that 3 liters of water was something to the equivalent of 13 8 oz glasses...and that I'd probably be good with 2 liters. Good thing because by Tuesday night, at only at one and half liters, I was starting to rethink my goal.

It's now Friday. I have consumed an average total of 2.5 liters a day--meaning some days I actually drank 3, and others only 1. But not too bad overall. The challenge will really be the upcoming weekend. For some reason, plans and good habits tend fall wayside during the weekend. But I shall keep filling my liter bottle (which is becoming a bit ragged) and invest in a real reusable bottle sometime in the near future.

Oh, and previous goals? Well, I went running 3 times so far. Hoping to get a run in tomorrow morning and definitely a walk with friends on Sunday. Did 4 loads of laundry, 2 dryer runs. Not too shabby.

No comments: